Tea Tree Oil uses its natural antibacterial properties to kill off acne-causing bacteria on your skin. Check out our best-selling acne treatment with lemon and tea tree oil.
Other acne fighting methods that use benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid kill acne-causing bacteria faster than tea tree oil. However, the faster rate comes at an irritating cost for your skin. Tea tree oil has a much slimmer chance of irritating your skin, and is also a natural remedy for redness and inflammation.
How do does tea tree oil fight acne?
Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of the tea tree, and has been used as traditional medicine by aboriginal Australians for hundreds of years. In the right concentration, tea tree oil has major benefits for oily and acne-prone skin. Tea tree oil has both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help treat inflammatory acne and reduce oil production on the skin. An application of a 5% concentration of tea tree oil is proven to reduce the number of visible papules and pustules.
How to Use Our Tea Tree 3 Second Concealing Gel
If you decide to try tea tree oil to treat your acne, start with a product like our 3 Second Concealing Gel. Stop use if you see signs signs of worsening irritation.
Here’s how to use it:
- Wash your face with a our gentle cleanser
- Apply toner immediately after cleansing.
- Dispense a drop of our tea tree 3 second concealing gel directly on blemishes. (you can also apply on your entire face)
- Don’t apply any product containing benzoyl peroxide until you know how your skin responds to tea tree oil.
- As with any skincare routine, protect your skin every morning with sunscreen rated SPF 30 or higher.